Sonntag, 14. April 2013

A glimpse of... angel project!

I want to incorporate angels into some paintings.

Here you can see the first step now: Taking the Russian icon paintings as a model and putting my view of what an angels face looks to me:

I used fabric, lining, gesso, Neocolor II, Inka-Gold and Inktense pencil. This face is actually sewn together. The hair is made with locks from a sheep (Skudde).

I like the result but not for the paintings - so I have to find another medium for the angels to go with the paintings. And I already have a vague idea...

Have a nice Sunday!


Freitag, 12. April 2013

The trouble with resisting temptation... it may never come again!

Versuchungen sollte man nachgeben! Wer weiss, ob sie wiederkommen!



Samstag, 30. März 2013

Busy, busy, busy...

...I´m experimenting a lot with stencils, dies and I´m drawing faces over faces. More later...
Here are some journal pages...

It was fun to do this page á la Suzi Blu!

 Had a hard day!!!

 It´s sometimes not so easy to get to my drawing desk :o)

And of course I´m still knitting! I actually did 4 of the Elfunny berets because the first one turned out to big. So I frogged it and did it again - as you know me:o)

Happy Easter to all of you!!!

Sonntag, 3. März 2013

Remember that song...

... starfish and coffee from Prince?
Here is another journal page.

Playing around with copper foil, alcohol inks and my new patina colors from Ranger!
I love how the stars turned out :o)



Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013

Moody Wednesday...

The pages of this book are not thick enough for wet media. So I tried the Golden Digital Ground as first layer. It worked pretty good.



Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013

Another day in bed...

…because of a bad cold! A journal with already prepared backgrounds and pens kept me doodling most of the day :o)



Freitag, 8. Februar 2013

ARTi Friday...

I often use gesso for a base on a canvas. After I finished this one my cat ran over it and left some paw prints on the canvas and – of course – on my floor.

Now the canvas is dry but my cat still likes it :o)

On this piece of cardboard I used black gesso, a cool copper acrylics, white gesso and gelatos to give it a worn look – it almost looks like it has a patina! Too bad the colors don´t show real good. I will show the whole thing when I´m done.

On some leftovers I started to doodle...

Have a geat weekend!



Montag, 21. Januar 2013

Black Forest Cake...

...a "MUST SEE" for all textile lovers...

Black Forest Cake from Marion Ber on Vimeo.



Montag, 14. Januar 2013

Playing with fabric again...

These are some new little projects I´m working on at the moment.


I took some cotton fabric an covered it with white Gesso. This makes the fabric a bit sturdier. Then I added lots of layers with Gelatos, Glimmer Mist and stamps with and without embossing powder. To cover this up I used thinned Golden Medium. I stitched the grass in 2 different colors with my sewing machine and used beads and gold thread on top. At the end this will be a cover for a shrine.

It´s pretty hard to capture the colors with the camera. Here are some closeups.

Now it has a kind of leathery touch to it.

Here I used the same cotton fabric again with Gesso, Glimmer Mist and stamps with embossing powder. Then I hand stitched on top. It´s not finished yet and I´m still waiting for an inspiration what to do next :o)



PS in German: Ich bin noch sehr unentschlossen, ob ich meinen Block in Englisch oder Deutsch weiter führen möchte. Alles doppelt zu schreiben scheint mir nicht sehr sinnvoll. Was meint ihr?

Sonntag, 13. Januar 2013

Spielereien mit Stoff

Diesen beflockten Stoff habe ich mit der rechten Seite nach oben auf eine Strukturvorlage (z. B. für Fimo) gelegt, mit Ölpastellkreiden darüber gerubbelt und dann die Beflockung mit Acrylfarbe bemalt.

Dies ist der gleiche Stoff (Rückseite) und die oben beschriebene Technik, allerdings mit einer anderen Stukturform.

Wieder der gleiche Stoff (ebenfalls Rückseite oben) mit getöntem Gesso. Mit einem Küchentuch habe ich die Farbe wieder abgenommen. Dadurch entsteht das Muster.

Das hier ist einfacher Baumwollstoff (Bomull von Ikea) mit Ölpastell auf Stukturplatte.

Hier habe ich schwarzen Stoff mit Bleiche "entfärbt" (getropft, mit einem Pinsel aufgetragen, großflächig auf getropft, den Stoff verdreht und wie beim Batiken mit Gummis abgebunden).

Diese Stoffe dienen für Textilperlen und als Hintergrund für kleine Quilts auf denen ich Metall anbringe.
Ich bin schon gespannt wie die Ergebnisse aussehen :o)

Liebe Grüße


Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2013

Frohes neues Jahr...

euch allen :o)

Diesen wunderschönen Stern habe ich im Herbst von einer lieben Freundin bekommen. Er wärmt mein Herz und schmückt jetzt das Fenster meines Arbeitszimmers.

Liebe Grüße